Women of the ELCA (or WELCA) is the women's ministry of the church. We meet regularly in small groups called "circles" for Bible study and fellowship. There are also two annual large-group meetings that include a brunch to which all women of the congregation are invited. Circles participate in several local and North Carolina Women of the ELCA retreats, events, and gatherings each year. Our activities include:
- Participating in Bold Women's Sunday, Ministry Fair, and church work days.
- Collecting pennies for a purpose determined by the NC Synodical Women's Organization.
- Raising money to provide scholarships to support a number of local, national, and international organizations.
- Attending the NC Synodical Women's Organization of the Women of the ELCA gathering held annually at Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- Acting as hostesses for Advent dinners at Holy Trinity.
- Assisting Lutheran World Relief by providing quilts, health kits, school kits and the like.
- Providing financial support to the NC Synodical Women's Organization.
President: Pam Pittenger
Officers: Lynn Albers (Vice President), Rachel Gardner (Secretary), Debbie Franke (Treasurer).
Committee Chairs: Mandy Danchi (Education), Gevine Hoysler (Membership), Debra Weinel (Christian Service), Margaret Jordan (Social Concerns).
State and National Affiliations
All women of Holy Trinity are invited to visit one of the Circles that meet for Bible study and fellowship.
The three Women of the ELCA circles use the Bible study from the monthly Gather Magazine published by Augsburg Fortress for the Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
The theme of the September 2014 - May 2015 Bible Study is "Transforming Life and Faith."
We meet the first Thursday of the month, 7:30 p.m. at the church. Meets each month.
We meet the second Thursday of the month, 1:30 p.m. (usually, but not always) at the church. Does not meet in July and August.
We meet the first Monday of the month, 1:00 p.m. at the church. The August meeting is held on the last Monday of the month. Does not meet in July and September.