||Lutherans are a diverse group of people, convinced that the Holy Spirit leads toward unity in the household of God. The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America believes:
- In the Triune God: God the Parent, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are part of God’s unfolding plan.
- That Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and the Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of all who believe. Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again.
- That in gathering for worship, we connect with believers everywhere and of every time.
- That the historic creeds (Apostles', Nicene, Athanasian) are true declarations of the faith.
- That, in Holy Communion, the body and blood of Christ are truly and essentially present and are truly distributed and received with the bread and wine.
- That, studying the Bible and praying, all are drawn more deeply into God’s own saving story.
- That worship flows into witness and service that proclaims God’s love to this broken world.
- That all people are children of God, loved by God, and all are one in Jesus Christ. This love and acceptance is extended to all races, ages, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- That serving others and addressing social issues that affect the common good is living out the Christian faith.
- In a global mission, with deep respect for the rich gifts of our brothers and sisters in other lands.
- That the baptized are called to ministry in daily life, translating Sunday’s faith into Monday’s world.
You are invited to join this community of Christian faith. Welcome, and explore.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is a Reconciling in Christ Congregation of the North Carolina Lutheran Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.